PROCEDURES :: BREAST AUGMENTATION
Breast augmentation is used to enhance the size and shape of a woman's breasts. If you are looking for improvement and are healthy and have realistic expectations, then you are a good candidate for breast augmentation.
The breast implant is a silicone rubber shell which is filled with either salt-water solution or newer cohesive gels.The surgery is an outpatient procedure and patients should plan on one week off work or social activities and 4 to 6 weeks before exercise or lifting heavy objects.
Is Breast Augmentation Right For Me?
Women who choose to have breast augmentation surgery do so to improve their self image. Some feel dissatisfied because their breasts never developed to a size that meets their expectations. Others want to bring balance to a breast that is somewhat smaller than the other. Often, women want the procedure to restore their natural breast volume, which may have decreased as a result of pregnancy, weight loss or aging.
Any one of the following feelings or conditions may indicate that you are a good candidate for breast augmentation:
• You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small
• Weight loss has changed the size and shape of your breasts
• After having children, your breasts have become smaller and have lost their firmness
• Dresses that fit well around your hips are often too large at the bustline
• One of your breasts is noticeably smaller than the other
• You feel self-conscious wearing a swimsuit or form-fitting top
In addition, there are several “musts” for anyone considering breast augmentation:
• If you are a young woman, your breast development must be complete
• You must be emotionally mature and fully understand your own motivations for wanting the procedure (the best reason is to feel better about yourself)
• You must understand the implications of having breast implants.
• You must have realistic expectations.
Fees for aesthetic surgery are customarily paid prior to the surgery. The costs may vary depending on the procedure and/or complexity of the surgery. All costs will be reviewed with you at the time of your initial consultation. Generally, our patients are pleasantly surprised with the affordability that our fees offer. If necessary, financing is available.